Friday, May 04, 2007

Bike Rentals


I ran across this in a magazine recently and thought it was a great idea for a city like New Albany. I like the idea of bike transportation in small cities and have visited places like Davis California and Stevens Point Wisconsin where they take bikers more seriously and actually build things with bikers in mind. I do not bike regularly now, but have enjoyed my biking vacations with my family in the past.

With the new YMCA and river front projects, this or a similar idea could be a nice idea. Biking is certainly one of the best ways to exercise and stay healthy.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Iamhoosier said...

Another area that I agree with you. Could this become a habit?

One thing that needs to be done is to teach a bunch of rednecks that bicycles have as much right to the streets as motor vehicles. Of course, there are some spandex clad bicyclists that need to learn to follow the rules of the road also.

5/04/2007 08:13:00 AM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

As soon as my doctor(s) gives me persmission to return to the road, I'm there, and remain interested in this and other good ideas.

It is annoying to have to drive to work.

5/04/2007 09:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home