Sunday, January 22, 2006

Parking

I’ve been asked about the parking situation at the hospital. Many wonder why with such a large addition that a parking garage was not built.

The answer is complicated but it was considered thoroughly. Consultants crunched numbers, discussed ideas, offered different scenarios and in the end made the recommendation to the Board that it was not the best option.

Parking structures are a lot more expensive than ground parking. Maintenance fees and upkeep is costly in the long-run, and security is a major issue in parking structures. These were some of the reasons for not building a garage at the present time.

The hospital had acquired more land from the Dunbar properties and it was felt that with shuttle services and valet services it would be a better financial decision at the present time to continue utilizing ground parking.

If continued expansion with other projects occurs, then, the parking structure idea will be re-visited.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's curb the parking talk for a minute. Today is a dark day in our nation, the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

Unfortunately, Floyd Memorial has physicians on staff who perform abortions, although perhaps not at the hospital. One physician has murdered many unborn children. Names will not be given.

A nation (or community for that matter) that does not have a basic respect for all human life is doomed.

Pray today for the end of abortion.

1/22/2006 10:22:00 AM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

You'll speak of physicians "murdering" unborn children, and you feel strongly enough about it to write ... anonymously, of course.

I'm praying for an end to anonymity. It is the killer of dialogue.

1/22/2006 11:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I only speak for myself. When I have a patient inquiring about abortions, I give them all of the alternatives and encourage them not to proceed down that path. I give them names and numbers for crisis centers that help in these situations.

I also do not prescribe the morning after pills. When they inquire, I give them information on their choices but have to refer them elsewhere for that treatment.

1/23/2006 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My belief is that life begins with conception, the time when the egg and sperm unite. This occurs before implantation into the uterine wall.

The morning after pill actually may prevent ovulation, prevent conception or prevent implantation after conception has occured.

The difference is that it may actually destroy the embryo if conception had occurred.

Birth control pills actually prevent ovualation and therefore, there is never the opportunity for sperm and eggs to unite.

Great question.

1/23/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I missed the second question. I have not had a patient leave because of this that I am aware of. I treat them compassionately and empathetically while explaining my beliefs. But I do not abandon them and help them find the treatment they desire.

1/23/2006 07:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home