Friday, August 03, 2007

Insurance Claim Humor



There are many examples of funny documentation errors in medical charts and I certainly have entered a few.

It is nice to know that nearly every profession has similar examples. Below are a few that were pulled from Insurance Claim Forms:

  • "I pulled into a lay-by with smoke coming from under the bonnet. I realized the car was on fire so took my dog and smothered it with a blanket."

  • "On approach to the traffic lights the car in front suddenly broke."


  • "I had been driving for 40 years when I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident."


  • "I pulled away from the side of the road, glanced at my mother-in-law and headed over the embankment."


  • "The other car collided with mine without giving warning of its intention."


  • "I collided with a stationary truck coming the other way."


  • "In an attempt to kill a fly, I drove into a telephone pole."


  • "I had been shopping for plants all day and was on my way home. As I reached an intersection a hedge sprang up obscuring my vision and I did not see the other car."


  • "An invisible car came out of nowhere, struck my car and vanished."


  • "I was thrown from the car as it left the road. I was later found in a ditch by some stray cows."
    Not sure what the result was on these claims, but it makes me feel better after reading them.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about the commercial for 1-800-Ask-Gary when the woman says that the after their wreck, the spinal chord in her daughter's neck was "just gone."

8/03/2007 06:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Before you shut this down, I would like to hear your thoughts on the new Creationism museuem which opened recently in Kentucky. It seems to be doing very well based on newspaper stories.

8/05/2007 02:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are a real hoot. It is always good to laugh.

Thank you.

8/07/2007 09:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home