Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Christmas Attack

Here are three very nice editorials from different sources showing the utter ridiculousness of how our “progressive” country has declined.

[ Hold the 'holy' in those happy holidays - Los Angeles Times]
[Why avoid using 'Merry Christmas'? csmonitor.com]
[The American Enterprise: ‘Tis the Season]

I hope everyone reads these editorials and really think about where they stand on this issue. We are becoming less tolerant and less consistent in our philosophy.

I have personally boycotted those stores not willing to say Merry Christmas for the season.

I hope others will do the same. Money does seem to motivate these retailers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Iamhoosier said...

I believe the best quote in all three articles is the next to last paragraph in the LA Times. For all sides in this issue it is impossible to measure what is in a person's heart. I prefer to give the benefit of the doubt.

I cannot know what was in your heart when you made your boycott decision anymore than you can know what was truly in the heart of the clerk and/or management of the particular store(s).

What I do know, in my heart, is that I sincerely wish you a Merry Christmas.

12/13/2005 08:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankyou, and I too, wish you, your family, and all the bloggers a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

I look forward to 2006, new freinds, new ideas, and a better community.

12/13/2005 08:53:00 AM  
Blogger The New Albanian said...

The mountain being constructed at the former site of this particular molehill is the result of participation by zealots on all sides of the issue.

I don't care a jot what someone says this time of year, or whether they say anything at all.

I care only that the government not exalt one religious interpretation over another, and I'm not intimidtaed by the fact that the 'Bune's readers disagree with me to the tune of 95-5.

The Constitution is there for a reason, and it should protect me from religion just as surely as it protects free religious practice that isn't tied to the state for succor.

Happy Holidaze to you, each and every one.

12/13/2005 10:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home