Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Hike number 1


Our first hike was about 3 miles up into the mountains to the lake shown here.


The hike was rated easy to moderate on the trail guide and everyone made it without too many problems.


Most of us carried our fishing gear on the hike and planned to catch lots of fish when we arrived. Unfortunately, the fish had other plans. We were evidently a few weeks too early and all the lakes and streams were higher than normal from the melting mountain snow.



Even though the fishing was poor, the kids and I had a great time in the attempt. The landscape was without question, the most beautiful I have seen.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the west. Do you fly fish?

6/12/2007 08:41:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do fly fish and did quite a bit while there although not real successful in my results.

It was certainly relaxing

6/12/2007 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger Christopher D said...

Absolutely beautiful scenerary you have shared with every one.
What I wouldn't do to be casting a Royal Wolfe or San Juan Worm there!

6/12/2007 09:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home