Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

As I reflect on Father’s Day, I have mixed emotions. It has been more than eleven years since I lost my father at the young age of 54. God blessed my family with a Dad that showed unconditional love. He is still missed everyday and there is a hole left in my heart that will never be filled. I cherish my memories and all of the wonderful times we shared but continue to miss the adventures we could have had.

But God also blessed me with 4 wonderful kids and one grandchild so far. I strive to be the father to them that my dad was to me.

God continues to bless me with friends who also teach me about what it is to being a dad. I continually strive to meet the expectations of being a husband, father, provider and friend and admire my friends who also battle the cultural influences that undermine our traditional family values.

I want to offer a special thanks to my friends like Rodney S., Bill C., Scott W., Jeff W., Tim R., Tod T., Bob M., Stuart E., and Jim R. These men have been friends, inspiration, and each has struggled with different life circumstances but each continually strive to be good Dads. It is for them and the many others not mentioned that I tip my hat and wish each and every one of the readers a wonderful Father’s Day.

One night a father overheard his son pray: Dear God, Make me the kind of man my Daddy is. Later that night, the Father prayed, Dear God, Make me the kind of man my son wants me to be.
Author inknown

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too miss your father. I was fortunate to know him.

Happy father's day Dan.

Roz

6/18/2006 01:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home